Sustainable Cambodia, Inc. is a Florida nonprofit corporation. We converted to a formal nonprofit in 2004 after approximately two years as an informal, privately funded effort.
Sustainable Cambodia has a unique management model, utilizing only native Cambodians for all paid staff positions and having all international directors, officers, and managers be volunteers who pay their own expenses. This model allows us to accomplish a great deal with extremely modest administrative costs. While some organizations are considered very efficient if they contain administrative and fundraising costs at under 15-20%, Sustainable Cambodia’s combined administrative and fundraising costs are under 3%. So 97% of our funding goes directly into the on-the-ground programs.
Our funding comes from a number of different sources:
- Roughly 25% from the founders & directors
- Another ~25% from Rotary Clubs and Rotary Matching Grants
- ~30% from Child Sponsors, Village Gifts & various donors
- ~20% from foundations and other grants
Our Form 990 tax returns are posted below since our inception, as is the most recent set of audited financial statements.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
- 2021 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
- 2020 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
- 2019 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
- 2018 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
- 2017 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
- 2016 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
- 2015 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
- 2014 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
- 2013 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
- 2012 Form 990 Nonprofit Return
As you have not received any gift or other compensation, 100% of your contribution is a charitable donation. Sustainable Cambodia, Inc. has been recognized as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service in the United States.
Sustainable Cambodia TIN (or EIN) # 20-0175973
State of Florida Registration # CH18807
State of Utah Registration # 6986940-CHAR
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE / WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.